This is a visual survey of the starboard exterior of the S.S. Norisle, which was a passenger steamship built in Collingwood, Ontario in 1946.
The Norisle was the first such vessel to be constructed in Canada after World War II. It served as a ferry between Tobermory and South Baymouth until 1974, when it was replaced by the newer and larger MS Chi-Cheemaun.
The Norisle has been berthed at Manitowaning, Manitoulin Island since its retirement, and acted as a floating marine museum at that location until 2006. Great efforts have been made toward the idea of restoring the vessel as an actively sailing heritage cruise ship. However, opinions continue to vary as to what the most appropriate outcome should be for the Norisle, and as of December 2016, the ship has been the subject of a $10 million lawsuit .